Current version: Mac – 1.1, Windows – 1.1
For System Requirements, please click here.
For full installation instructions, see the Universal Type Server Server Admin help system or Server Admin Guide PDF.
- Install FontLink Connector on your InDesign Server.
- Create the input, output, and error folders used by FontLink Connector.
- Install FontLink Module on your Universal Type Server.
- Enter the FontLink Module license in the Server Admin application.
- To enable notifications, enter details for your email server.
- Connect your InDesign Server instances in the Server Admin application.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- On a Windows-based InDesign Server, FontLink will not process documents if the “input” folder is on a remote system, even if the remote folder is on a mapped drive. For simplicity’s sake, we recommend creating the input, output, and errors folder locally on the InDesign Server system (that is, on a drive physically attached to the server), then sharing the folders for users that need to access them. [UTS-4017]
- The MySQL process may start after the boss process for FontLink Module and Connector on Mac OS X. [UTS-2856]
- When configuring an email server for use with FontLink through Google Chrome, the Universal Type Server may not be updated very quickly, so that a second browser might be able to add a second email server configuration. To avoid this, either do not run two sessions of the Server Administration application, or avoid using Google Chrome (at least when adding an email server). [UTS-2674]